|MY CURRENT READ|
"Polar ice caps are melting, hurricanes swirl in the seas, wars are heating up around the world, and the job market is in a deep freeze.
Whoa. It's getting pretty ugly out there.
That's why one chilly spring night I started a tiny website called 1000 Awesome Things...
I never imagined that writing about finding money in your old coat pocket, the smell of gasoline, or watching The Price Is Right when you're at home sick would amount to anything.
It seems like maybe these tiny little moments make an awesome difference in many of our rushed, jam-packed lives. Maybe we all love snow days, peeling an orange in one shot, and popping bubble wrap.
Maybe we're basically all the same...
With so much sad news and bad news pouring down upon us, it's fun to stop for a minute and share a universal high five with the rest of humanity."
Among the awesome experiences listed on the book, these made me say "So true!":
- When cashiers open up new checkout lanes at the grocery store
- Having a whole row to yourself on the plane
- Being the first table to get called up for the dinner buffet at a wedding
- Finding out your birthday is on a Friday or Saturday
- Using hotel lobby bathrooms when you're out walking around
- Taking your bra off after wearing it for hours
- Waiters and waitresses who bring free refills without asking
- When the thing you were going to buy is already on sale
- Finding your keys after looking forever
- Finally remembering a word that's been on the tip of your tongue for so long
- The smell of frying onions and garlic
- Finding money in your pocket
And the list goes on. I'm still reading the book. And you know what? I'm actually not in a rush to finish it. I'm savoring the list. Ninanamnam ko talaga, haha. It's such a happy read!
If I were to come up with my personal list, I'll definitely include our recent AWESOME experiences (that I must blog about, in detail, soon):
- The realization that our 'wealth' is not in the form of SUVs or designer bags, but in being able to afford our Singapore Adventure and a very comfortable 'career break.'
- No-alarm-clock work-day Mondays.
- What tops working in your SG home, in your pajamas? Earning SGD in Manila!
- Enrolling in not just one but three film schools. So happy for my Hubby!
- A viral campaign for a shampoo brand. A TVC for a pain reliever. So proud of you, Baby!
- Applying for a Junior Management position, and getting hired for a Senior Management position. In an industry I've been eyeing. So excited!
- Our new worlds: film, advertising, retail, marketing, events.
- Our parents telling us how proud they are of us. *sniff, sniff*
- Spending time with someone so young and inspiring, as she wins over the Big C.
- Seeing a family stay so strong throughout their grieving.
- The comfort from having strong family ties.
- Tita Time.
- Road trips that allow you to have long, heart-to-heart talks with best friends.
- Welcoming and ending each day with your Life Partner.
- Living the truth in "God's Plans are greater than your dreams."
Thank you, God.