10 April 2010

BOOK LOVERS

Who was it who said, "The world is a book, and those who do not travel, read only a page?"

We love each other. We love books. We love traveling.

As I've written in a previous post ("For the Books," May 2009), our book titles differ. J's into history, architecture, languages, politics, Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Ayn Rand, Sun Tzu, health, biographies. I'm into chic lit, best sellers, Oprah's Book Club, fashion titles, Anthony Bourdain. The titles we share: travel, writing, Pablo Neruda, arts, advertising.

For all our trips, one of J's must-check-out are the bookstores. Good thing Shanghai's were all in one area, very near Nanjing Road (the pedestrian-only, main shopping street).

1st stop: the Art Bookstore
All books were in Chinese, pass.


2nd stop: the Shanghai Ancient Bookstore
Again, all books were in Chinese.


3rd stop: the Shanghai Foreign Language Bookstore
Finally!


I found a corner here. We dropped by twice. And both times, I had the corner seat (by the window) to myself.


I know we have this title in Manila but I still wondered if it'd be different (mas feel?) reading the book in Shanghai! Hahaha!


Last stop: the Shanghai City of Books
9 floors of book haven! But only one floor for foreign language books.


Had to have my hot chocolate (I was freezing! Must have been 7C outside!) while J looked for a book to add to his Art of War collection


Our title preferences are proof of how we're different yet the same. Glad to know we're on the same page (pun intended!) when it comes to our marriage.

No comments: