22 May 2010

WHERE ARE YOU FROM?

Q: Where Are You From, and What Do You Miss About It?

Hubby and I lived in Teacher's Village, Quezon City before moving into our own condo. I miss Trellis' sisig. (Wikipedia: Sisig - a Filipino dish made from parts of pig’s head and liver, usually seasoned with kalamansi and chili peppers.) We always request that ours be well-done. Trellis was just 2 blocks away from our apartment.

When I was single, I lived with my family in Antipolo City. What do I miss about it? My family! My parents and sis live abroad now. My brother and his family are still in Antipolo.

I spent a lot of summers in Baguio City. My Papa's from there. I miss Baguio's fresh, clean, pine-scented air. It's so different now.

I was born in Rizal, Nueva Ecija. I miss my Ima's (Grandmother) home. That's where I played bahay-bahayan, taguan, patintero, dolls with my cousins. I also miss the market's halo-halo (Wikipedia: Halo-halo from Tagalog word halò, "mix" is a popular Filipino dessert that is a mixture of shaved ice and milk to which are added various boiled sweet beans and fruits, and served cold in a tall glass or bowl). It tasted so...homey.

Now, Mandaluyong City is home...









The question reminds me of a popular Filipino saying, "Ang di lumingon sa pinanggalingan, di makararating sa paroroonan." So where are you from?

I love answering questions, quizzes from magazines. The question for this entry was lifted from the "We Asked Our Staffers" pages of Glamour magazine, Nov 2009.

No comments: