With an expiration of less than twelve hours,
what does Jesus count as all most important?
"And he took bread, GAVE THANKS and broke it,
and gave it to them..." (Luke 22:19 NIV).
Jesus offers thanksgiving for even that which will break Him and crush Him
and wound Him and yield a bounty of joy.
As long as thanks is possible, then joy is always possible. Joy is always possible.
Whenever, meaning-now; wherever, meaning-here.
Thanksgiving is the evidence of our acceptance of whatever He gives.
Thanksgiving is the manifestation of our "Yes!" to His grace.
-- a few of my favorite lines from my current read,
"ONE THOUSAND GIFTS: A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are."
Thank you to KLG and The Today Show
for the recommendation.
'Thank you' are among my favorite words. My Gratitude Journal is among my most valuable possessions. That's why I easily gravitated to the book One Thousand Gifts.
Living in gratitude is easy through good times, tough through bad. But because I've experienced the truth in this -- The holy grail of joy is not in some exotic location or some emotional mountain peak experience. The joy wonder could be here! Here, in the messy, piercing ache of now...(Ann Voskamp) -- I choose to give thanks, no matter what.
As the book reminds us, Jesus revealed the secret to happiness, through his own example. In his dying hours, He still chose to give thanks. (Mamamatay na, papatayin na, nagpapasalamat pa rin.) The greatest thing is to give thanks for everything. He who has learned this knows what it means to live.
Today, I'm especially grateful for:
- Our Amazing Adventure. Wow.
- Thank you, God, for the wonderful opportunity.
- Thank you for all the life-enriching experiences.
- New perspectives.
- The next chapter.
- The new road.
- New Dreams
- Stronger Faith
- Our marriage.
- Our families.
- Tita Time!
- Our friends.
- Good health.
- Our lovely home.
- Our quiet little life.
- Current work set-up. (Pwedeng ganito?! Bongga.)
- Because it can get too hot -- Thank you for cold showers, the swimming pool, the air con, and finally some rain!
- Successfully crossed-over to advertising after doing TV for more than a decade.
- The opportunity of crossing-over into another dream industry. *praying*
- The reminder to be cautious as to who you let into your life.
- Today's errand was finished in less than an hour. We're pleasantly surprised.
- Thai massage. Pinoy dinner. American Idol.
- Jessica Sanchez. We're in awe of the girl's talent. She's been making a lot of people, especially Pinoys, happy and proud. Final results in a few hours!
- Be grateful that God doesn't grant us everything we want. Instead, He provides us with everything we need.
- God's Plans are greater than our dreams. (I never imagined I'd be where I am now. Again, pwede pala 'to?! Bongga.)
- Thank you, God, for loving us the way you do.
Try starting your own Gratitude Journal. List everything you're grateful for. Not of gifts you want but of gifts you already have. That's the dare to LIVE FULLY right where you are.