25 February 2011

ALL RIGHT



This year's Best Picture nominees are proving to be a very interesting batch for me. Saw "The Kids Are All Right" the other day. I enjoyed the family drama. I'm naming Annette Bening's performance as the one thing that stood out.


As for my favorite moment from the film, ito--

Laser (Annette & Julianne's son): I don't think you guys should break up
Nic (Annette): No? Why's that?
Laser: I think you're too old.
Nic: Thanks, Laser.
Me: LOL


I pray J and I don't go through this--


Jules (Julianne): "...marriage is hard... Just two people slogging through the shit, year after year, getting older, changing. It's a fucking marathon, okay? So, sometimes, you know, you're together for so long, that you just... You stop seeing the other person. You just see weird projections of your own junk. Instead of talking to each other, you go off the rails and act grubby and make stupid choices..."


But I really felt Jules' pain and sincerity when the lines were delivered. Kaiyak.

No comments: