Of course, rejection hurts. But as the cliche goes - if it doesn't kill you, it can only make you stronger. So how does one handle life's NOs?
Here are seven tips from pickthebrain:
- Don't take it personally.
- Think positively.
- Listen to the rejection carefully.
- Be kind to yourself.
- Have confidence in who you are.
- Know that everyone gets rejected.
- Try and try again.
And five more how-to-deal tips from Dragos Roua:
- Let go of perfectionism.
- See it as a learning opportunity.
- Be aware of your programming.
- No rejection, no growth.
- Rejection is essential to success.
Stay inspired by all the successful people who never gave up. Bill Gates (a college drop-out), Oprah (was told she's "unfit for TV"), Michael Jordan (was cut from the high school basketball team), J.K.Rowling (Harry Potter was rejected by 12 publishing houses), and the list goes on. Be among them.