As we celebrated our 7th Wedding Anniversary at the Universal Studios Singapore, one of the many television jingles written by my dear hubby J started playing on my head--
"Ang buhay parang pelikula
Written, produced, directed by
Tayo rin ang nasa starring role
Ito ang buhay ko..."
Above: real-life movie lovers
Experiencing movie magic was overwhelming. Especially for me. I'm such a fan of everything film, TV and showbiz.
I was like a little kid, super thrilled to be walking down Hollywood Boulevard, New York, Sci-Fi City, Ancient Egypt, Far Far Away, Jurassic Park and the jungles of Madagascar! Same feeling when I entered Hong Kong Disneyland. Ganito ata talaga pag adult ka na nakatapak sa amusement parks, haha.
Thank you, J, for agreeing to go. I know this is so not you. But again, pinagbigyan mo ako. Buti na lang you also had so much fun! =)
memories from Universal Studios Singapore
Bulol at the Universal Studios Singapore;
Me with Melman, Marty, Alex, Gloria;
park maps, film clapper board, film reel container;
Revenge of the Mummy
indoor roller coaster ride entrance;
New York yellow cab;
Me with Frankenstein;
Far Far Away 4D Adventure
hosted by Steven Spielberg.
Total = SGD25.50
- Easily got our one-day weekday tickets online. Only SGD66 (approx Php2178) each. You simply print out the PDF file, present at the entrance, have your tickets' bar codes scanned; and you're in!
- We loved The Mummy's indoor roller coaster ride! Sa start, akala namin pambata, at simple lang. But no, it's not for the faint of heart! May additional fear factor for being indoor dahil ang dilim! Wala ka nang makita so hindi mo alam what's next, saan kayo papunta, how would the ride go. I screamed my heart out! And sa official ride photo, I looked so scared! Hahaha!
- The Far Far Away 4D film viewing was fun. Be ready to get wet. Pag may wind sa eksena, you'll feel it too! Makiki-horse ride ka rin, hahaha! Aliw.
- Ang galing nung "Lights, Camera, Action!" hosted by Steven Spielberg. Be blown away as an empty sound stage becomes the setting for a major hurricane about to hit New York City -- right before your very eyes. I wished there were more sound stages to experience. Bitin.
- The park's small enough for a one day visit.
- Hi-tech lockers. (Walang ganun sa bundok namin.)
- We didn't try all the rides and attractions. Too pambata or too scary (for me) or too mainit na. OK na kaming umikot. Sulit na.
- It's hot anywhere in SG, lalo na sa outdoor amusement park. So dress accordingly. Bring an umbrella and fan (or buy from the shops).
- Wear comfortable shoes.
- If you come in early on a weekday, wala masyadong pila. The crowd thickens after lunch.
- Check the show schedules so you can work your itinerary around them.
How to get to Universal Studios Singapore via train:
- Take the purple line or North-East Line of the MRT to Harbour Front. Then go to Level 3 of Vivo City Mall for the Sentosa monorail (SGD3 round-trip ticket).