09 December 2011

PRECIOUS MANILA VACATION

And just like that Manila equals Vacation! OFW point-of-view na talaga ako, hehe.

Hubby and I made a quick trip to Manila to spend time with our families. Balikbayans from the USA and KSA were home for a month-long reunion. We were able to spend only a few days with them (yung last week nila sa Manila). And those few days were PRECIOUS! So glad umabot pa kami.

Family before personal ambition. That's me. Thanks to CebuPac's cheap fares, the fact that Manila's only three and a half hours away from Singapore, and a prospective employee allowed me to choose my very own interview sked (Yes, ako nag-set ng sarili kong job interview! So pro-active. So First World.) the biglaang trip was made possible. God knows what's in my heart. I prayed - if coming home to Manila to be with my family meant losing a job opportunity then the job's not really for me. The good news: no rejection notices (Yes, they send those.) and while we were in Manila, we continued receiving interview email invites from Singapore (Bongga!).

Best memories from our short Manila trip:

  1. Meals with my family. Complete kami for breakfast, lunch, merienda, dinner. Precious!
  2. Mama cooked my favorite pork binagoongan. Simot!
  3. Went to church with the family. Love!
  4. We slept in one room, sa house ng parents ko. Siksikan. Just to be all together. Aliw!
  5. Reunion parties with the clan.
  6. The sight of my sis, nieces and nephew playing. Super cute!
  7. Held my Mama's hand in the O.R., during a procedure. The great news: Doc declared her lump clear, on-the-spot! THANK YOU, GOD!
  8. My Mama's operation was free! We're blessed with generous, kind-hearted, loving people talaga.
  9. Hubby and I appreciated the privacy of our cozy condo in a whole new level. Being home alone, just the two of us, was a welcome break from living with housemates here in SG, hehe.
  10. Abe, Serendra branch. Hope you can open a branch here in SG.
  11. Manila's cheap massage services. We're happy with Holistic Circle, 5F Megamall.
  12. Our "Christmas Bonuses"! *wink*
  13. A surprise gift from my dear Tita B. I'm not worthy. Lol.



Love my family!



With my dearest Mama and Sis


My brother's beautiful family.
Look at my naughty niece making funny faces!



My iPad is now filled with family photos and videos, the perfect baon as we continue on our SG Adventure.

We're so blessed! Thank you, God, for loving us the way you do. 


No comments: