02 February 2012

THE HELP

"God says we need to love our enemies. It hard to do. But it can start by telling the truth. No one had ever asked me what it feel like to be me. Once I told the truth about that, I felt free. And I got to thinking about all the people I know. And the things I seen and done. My boy Treelore always said we gonna have a writer in the family one day. I guess it's gonna be me." -- Aibeleen Clark (brilliantly portrayed by Viola Davis), The Help

Best Picture indeed!
"The Help" recently swept awards at the SAG.

Moving. Inspiring, Empowering. The Help is such a compelling drama about the African-American maid's point of view.

You should see this. If you're a mom and a boss (matinong ina at amo, at that), I recommend you watch it with your children...and maybe even your help. Be sure makatao ka ha, or else yaya could pick up ideas.

My favorite napanganga-talaga-ako moment:

Minny: 
Eat my shit!

Hilly: 
Excuse me!

M: 
I said eat...my...shit.

H: 
Have you lost your mind?

M: 
No, ma'am but you is about to. 
'Cause you just did.


I was so impressed with the movie, I'm reading the book next. I've had a copy since last year (a paperback I brought with me from Manila) but I've never opened it. Will do that now. 

Movie tagline: Change begins with a whisper. 

No comments: