20 September 2011

BACK-TO-BACK BDAYS 2011

We just enjoyed back-to-back (Sunday and Monday) dinner celebrations with my dear relatives. These are among the moments I'll surely miss when we move to our 'new home'. Good thing some of them have booked their Singapore trips. Yey, family reunions in SG by November!

Sunday was E's birthday dinner at YakiMix, Greenbelt. She has a "younger" celebration with her friends this weekend.

My YakiMix favorites:
  • From the sushi bar - salmon sashimi
  • From the 'for grilling' station - salmon, the asparagus rolled in bacon, bacon strips, spicy chicken in skewers 
  • From the cooked meals - crispy squid with the very garlic-y vinegar dip, steamed pechay
  • From the dessert bar - ube ice cream  


Happy Bday, E! We love you!
Photos: Mine

Titos, Titas, cousins, pamangkins.
Wish my parents and sister were here.
Not in picture: Hubby J (The official photographer. LOL)


Monday was Tito C's turn. We had cocktails and dinner at Conway's, at the Shangrila Hotel Makati. I ordered the Singapore Sling (Bakit kaya? LOL) and the burger (definitely for sharing). What else we shared: the appetizer sampler (I liked the lechon kawali), calamares, kebab sampler, nachos, etc.

Happy Bday, Tito C! We love you.
It was too dark in Conway's to take photos
kaya konti lang ito.

Most fun for me: Aside from the chika, I'll say the band. I forgot their name but they used to perform on "The Sweet Life" (a QTV show I used to handle). Their repertoire: very mainstream -- current pop favorites, 80s and OPM. I liked that they sang Sharon Cuneta's "Kahit Maputi Na Ang Buhok Ko" and Apo's "Panalangin" (the re-arranged, more modern versions) for our balikbayans. Hubby's so NOT into mainstream music. Ako ang mainstream, obvious ba? But we had a fun time. Thanks to the great company of people we love and love us back. Awwww.

No comments: